August 2021 - PartRunner raises a seed round to expand to Mexico
Congrats to our teams on their successful completion of the BonBillo Social Entrepreneurship Bootcamp! 🎉
We're excited to open applications for our Fall Online Social Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for the United States, Canada and Latin America. The Bootcamp will run from September 15th to December 1st to help founders grow their social impact startup.
As a reminder, BonBillo is an accelerator for startups contributing to the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals. We provide structured training programs with mentorship, tools, and networks to help founders grow their social impact startups.
Social Entrepreneurship Bootcamp Celebration
We had teams participating from the United States, Canada, Colombia, South Africa and India, with women comprising 50% of our cohort.
- ePOP AI offers contactless, digital receipts benefiting consumers, merchants and the environment. They were recently featured as one of the Best New York Based Fintech Startups founded in 2020 & 2021. 🧾 ♻️
- GreenChoice is a carbon-neutral online marketplace that helps consumers buy food products based on their dietary preferences and values. During the Bootcamp, the team launched a personalised email marketing campaign based on their users' unique dietary preferences. ♻️ 🛒
- FoodCloud.in, a marketplace for fresh, delicious homemade meals in India, with over 80% of women chefs. They were recently recognised as one of the Top Indian Marketplaces & Startups of 2021. 🍲
- Goodable is a news platform making people calmer and healthier by using proprietary AI to curate the world's most positive news. They recently received funding and strategic support from Google to help accelerate their growth as part of the Google News Initiative. 📰 ☮️
- Kuba is a platform for trusted skilled trades services in South Africa making home repairs easy. During the Bootcamp, the Kuba team refined their initial target market and value proposition to get 3 large new clients. 🛠️
- Inoverte, a crowdfunding platform for renewable energy projects in Latin America. The team has already sourced their first set of off-grid projects before launching the platform. ☀️
- Scroobious is a virtual platform providing the education and tools founders need to create a video pitch and connect with investors. They have teamed up with wiseHer to launch founderUP™ by which sponsors can make tax-deductible donations to provide pitch training and support to underrepresented founders. 🎤
- Geaux Network, a free streaming service with authentic and culturally diverse shows geared toward multicultural viewers. During the Bootcamp, they refined their website to increase sign-ups and engagement. 🎬
Thank you to our speakers for helping the teams make an impact
We're excited by the BonBillo Bootcamp August 2021 cohort's contribution towards the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals! 💥
Congrats to 3DIMO on joining the Techstars cohort and PartRunner on closing their seed round! 🎉
BonBillo alumni, 3DIMO, an online marketplace for livestock that uses infrared technology to enable early detection of livestock health risks.
They've joined the Techstars Farm to Fork Accelerator class of 2021, in partnership with Cargill and Ecolab, to launch in the United States.
PartRunner, an on-demand delivery service provider enabling businesses to move materials efficiently, has closed its Seed round with an investment from Cemex Ventures to expand operations to Mexico.
Share with friends and colleagues!
Do you know someone who should be part of the BonBillo community?
Please share with friends and colleagues interested in social impact startups and our upcoming programs. They can sign up to receive our newsletter on the BonBillo website.
Thank you for your support!
The BonBillo Team